Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday

We enjoyed an uplifting church service at Evangelical Community Church (ECC) today and some fellowship over a Chinese meal with some folks from the church. Sum and Jesse who I mentioned last week (from Alabama) invited some others and we all went out for Dim Sum.





(This is me with Sum - Evangeline, her daughter is next to her).

My favorite was the shrimp dumplings. John Paul was adventurous and tried the chicken feet (I tried one bite of his)! (See below)

At lunch, I was also able to meet Mary Wu - a fellow pianist! She is artist in residence at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and faculty member at the Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts. 
We sat by her husband, James, in church last week. She wasn't able to be there last week because she was judging a competition.


After lunch, we walked with Sum, Jesse, their kids Evangeline and Elijah and a new friend that we met at lunch, Amy. We went to a park and then went to a department store where John Paul and I bought big, fluffy towels! Finally! We've been using paper thin ones so far. I'm looking forward to using these nice new ones! Here are some pictures of us at the park:


(Sum and Jesse)

(Me - tall? What? - and that's with flat shoes! HA! See how I feel here?! :)

So - we're thankful for good fellowship and such nice new friends.
Have a wonderful Sunday to all our U.S. friends who are just getting up now or soon!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see your smiling face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I came across your blog today. I meant to call you before you guys took off - and obviously forgot to. Sorry!
    It sounds like you're adjusting well to living on the other side of the world. Hang in there, friend. Praying for you. - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to dye your hair black and cut it just below your ears... that'll help you fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joel - I'm afraid I would still be an alien. I look different, I don't speak the language and I'm very tall! - Allison

    ReplyDelete